ADETA Committees

I had a member ask me the other day how he can get more involved with ADETA. The answer is to join a committee. Currently we have five standing committees and they all need more members on them to help out. This is also I great way to get to know other members in the organization. If you want to find out more or join a committee either contact the committee chairperson or email me (RodCorbett@gmail.com) and I will connect you.

Some committees are now meeting online using Google Groups so you can participate even if your scheduled is very busy.

Membership Committee

Chaired by Kimberley Kennard, this committee is focusing on reinventing ADETA for the future. Some of the issues they are discussing are:

• What is the benefit and worth of a membership?
  • What is the vision of the future of ADETA and how are we going to get there?
  • What should ADETA be doing in order to better meet the needs of the members?
  • How can we recruit more members into the organization?

Communications Committee

Chaired by Brigitte Lepine, this committee is focused on creating and sustaining the best communication channels for the organization. This year the main focus is on redeveloping the new Website and eNewsletter in order to meet the needs of the new ADETA.

Professional Development Committee

Chaired by Kim Arsenault, this committee focuses on providing useful PD opportunities to the members. This could include the following:

• Online synchronous events like lunch hour on line webcasts.
  • Online synchronous presentations and learning modules that you can work through on your own time at your own pace.
  • Partnering with other organizations to provide quality face-to-face workshop and conferences.

Nominations and Member Awards Committee

Chaired by Sandi Barber, this committee focuses on recruiting members to stand for election to a board of directors position and to identify worthy members to receive recognition awards.

Special Events Committee

Currently this committee has no chair but its purpose is to focus on planning, organizing and running any special events for ADETA members.

All of the above committees are accountable the Board and will have at least one member of the board on the committee but they could use your participation. Please consider joining one of them and either contact the Chairperson or me at RodCorbett@gmail.com.